Welcome Back American Fish

We finally made it back to our favorite waterfront bar. First, we had our final lunch at Provision for the season. It was their last day and we decided to have a late lunch there. Luckily we got there when we did because we were unaware that they were closing early on the last day and we were one of the last customers they seated. This was our view.

After lunch we headed over to American Fish and we were able to get in. Meteorologist Scott said we had time to enjoy a few drinks before any rain would make it to us. Well, as hard as it may be to believe, he was wrong. When I looked and saw the rain at the bridge, I knew we were going to get wet.

The rain came and it came hard. We decided to ride it out at the bar because it was a relatively quick storm rather than ride our bikes home in the rain. The wind was blowing such that if we stood on the side of the building,the rain went right over us. We ended up with one of the only dry spots in the place.

The rain passed, the sun came out, and we were treated to a beautiful rainbow that was really bright and eventually had a faint double rainbow.

Then the sun set and the clouds had some pretty colors on them. Waiting out the rain was definitely worth the show after.

On a side note, here are a few projects I’ve made recently.

I made the decals for these cups for National Sterile Processing Week.

I painted this sign as a housewarming gift for a co-worker’s new home.

Outdoor Yahtzee (Yardzee) was on my list of things for Scott to “build” and for me to paint but a local shop had a sidewalk sale and had an unfinished set available for pretty much a steal so I got it. Scott didn’t have to “build” them but I still had to paint the blocks and the dots and put vinyl lettering on the bucket. Can’t wait to try them out.

On yet another side note, one afternoon at work, the girls and I were standing in the OR hall discussing the next day when all of a sudden we heard a loud BOOM! It took us a second but we quickly realized that the door was dented which meant someone had just hit the building. We ran outside to find that a lady had indeed driven her car up over the sidewalk and some bushes and right into the building. We called 911 and the fire trucks and police came in full force from across the street. It was quite an exciting end to the day.

Apparently, the “Stop” sign should have been on the other side of the door. 😉
I guess duct tape really does fix everything. Haha